VAT (value added tax) refund is possible for foreign customers who have received a tax refund form for their purchases.
Tax Refund Procedures
With a Swiss slip:
With a European slip:
- Go to the reserved area, the top floor, follow the “Détaxe / tax refund” signs
- If refund is requested in cash on the form => go to the Global Exchange counter.
- If refund is requested by credit-card => => put the tax return slip in an OPEN envelope in the mailbox in front of the Global Exchange tax refund counter.
Only available for passengers from Genève Aéroport (in possession of a boarding pass of that day)
- Before registering your baggage, proceed to French Customs in the French Sector:
- If your tax refund slip has a barcode:
You need a digital stamp from the PABLO machine
- If your tax refund slip does not have a barcode:
Then you need a stamp from the French customs office
- Then register your baggage
- For the tax refund:
- Cash refund:
Go to the Global Exchange office at the arrivals level of the terminal or to the Global Exchange tax refund office in the reserved international area
- Refund on credit card: send the slips in an envelope by mail. A mailbox is located on the arrivals level of the airport near the Visitors Center.
Receipts are required for the following countries: Germany, Austria, Finland, Netherlands, Ireland, Luxembourg, Hungary, Czech Republic and Sweden
General guidelines for a cash refund from Global Exchange
- Compliant and duly filled in tax refund slip: full name, full address, full address of residence, passport number, signature of the shop, signature of the customer, stamp of the European customs authorities for EU forms, original of the receipt.
- The refund is only possible in cash, in the currency of your choice.
- Global Exchange is a partner of the following tax refund companies: Solpay, Global Blue, Détaxe SA, Planet Payment.