DIMENSIONS OF THE HAND LUGGAGE
Generally, the dimensions of the hand luggage must not exceed 56 cm x 45 cm x 25 cm, according to the IATA standards. Only one hand luggage is accepted (max. 10 kg) by traveller. These conditions can differ according to airlines.
PRoHIBITED / ALLOWED ITEMS
For safety reasons, the following items may not be carried in hold or hand baggage:
- camping gas and soda cartridges,
- disabling devices such as pepper spray,
- safety cases,
- electric weapons such as Taser,
- paint and paint thinner,
- gasoline and alcohol exceeding 70%.
- gel fuel for fondue machine,
- household chemicals and poisons of all kinds,
- jet-flame lighter or torch.
For safety reasons, the following items may not be carried in hand baggage:
- liquids in containers exceeding 100 ml or 100 gr,
- firearms (including replicas),
- objects with sharp tip and cutting edge of more than 6 cm,
- blunt objects of work tools and sports gear,
- mercury medical thermometers.
Subject to certain conditions the following are allowed in the hand baggage:
- Electronic cigarettes,
- avalanche airbag backpacks,
- lighter and match,
- lithium batteries or replacement batteries
- electronic devices.
Non-exhaustive lists subject to the special conditions of the airlines.
The airlines and the Federal Office of Civil Aviation (FOCA) are happy to provide additional information on request.
GOING THROUGH AIRPORT SECURITY
In order to ensure smooth passage through security, please present the following items separately:
- any liquids you’re carrying
- your jacket and/or coat
- laptops and other electric/electronic devices, which should be taken out of your hand luggage (camera, cell phone, tablet, etc.)
These items will be checked separately.
- All liquid, aerosol, gel or gel-like foods are prohibited in the hand baggage, unless their content is of maximum 100 ml or 100 gr and they are placed in a transparent bag not exceeding 1 litre.
- Fruits (apple, orange, pineapple, etc.) are not considered liquids. Exception: coconut.
- Medicines needed on board during the journey are allowed, even when the contents are greater than 100 ml. Obtain a prescription or a medical certificate beforehand (wherever possible).
Health and travel:
- SAFETRAVEL, the website approved by the Federal Office of Public Health, a useful reference for vaccines and other health news (in French or German).
- Only one transparent/resealable bag is allowed per person. Capacity of the bag: 1 litre.