However, in view of the schedule of the Papal visit and of the number of people expected to attend the mass at Palexpo, severe disruptions are expected between 3.00 pm and 00.00 am with respect to road accesses as well as for the available parking space at the airport’s car parks.
Genève Aéroport recommends to travellers:
- To arrive at the airport earlier than usual, ideally three hours before the departure
- To favour public transport, in priority SBB-CFF
- To get in touch with their airline to check the flight hours
- To print their boarding pass at home
- To favour, whenever possible, early check-in for hold baggage
Genève Aéroport invites travellers to refer to the information provided by the Cantonal Police regarding the solutions set up to ease the road traffic.
During the week prior to the event, useful information will be updated regularly on the airport’s website, on its app, as well as on Twitter (@GeneveAeroport).