Considering the schedule of the pastoral visit and the number of people expected at the ceremony at Palexpo, road access to the airport and the availability of car parks will be strongly hindered. As such, car parks P1, P26 and P51 will be exclusively reserved for passengers with a plane ticket. However, due to the high traffic, this measure will not guarantee them the availability of a parking space.
To avoid clogging the platform, those present to celebrate the Pope’s visit are required not to spend time in the public areas of Genève Aéroport.
In unable to move the date of their journey, special arrangements must be made by passengers arriving or leaving Geneva on 21 June. Genève Aéroport recommends the following:
- Arrive at the airport earlier than usual, ideally 3 hours before the departure for all flights leaving in the after-noon
- Use public transportation, especially SBB: additional trains are planned from Geneva-Cornavin
- Contact the airline to check the flight hours
- Print your boarding pass at home
- Contact the airline to check the hold luggage in advance
Useful information will be updated regularly on the airport’s website, on its app and on Twitter (@GeneveAeroport).
Genève Aéroport invites travellers to refer to the information provided by the Cantonal Police regarding the solutions set up to ease the road traffic.