Unireso: train, tram, bus, boat
Travel free on public transport during your stay in Geneva
You can pick up a free ticket for public transport from the machine in the baggage collection area at the Arrival level. This Unireso ticket, offered by Genève Aéroport, allows you to use public transport in Geneva free for a period of 80 minutes.
When you stay in a hotel, a youth hostel or a campsite in the canton, you will receive a "Geneva Transport Card" free of charge. With this card, public transport in Geneva is free for the full duration of your stay.
This personal and non-transferable card will be given to you when you arrive at your accomodation. It permits unlimited travel on Geneva's public transport network (UNIRESO: bus (TPG), train (CFF) and boat (Mouettes Genevoises) for the full duration of your stay.
Get more information from Genève Tourisme or the establishment concerned.
Free shuttle buses to Swiss hotels
Free shuttle buses
outside the Arrival level for the following hotels:
- Best Western Chavannes-de-Bogis on demand +41 22 960 81 81, from Monday to Thursday from 07:00 to 23:00, on Friday from 07:00 to 15:00, on Sunday from 15:00 to 23:00.
- Crowne Plaza Genève every 20 min. from 06:00 to 00:00, 7/7
- Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport every 20 min. from 05:50 to 12:10 and from 12:50 to 23:30, 7/7
- Ibis Genève Aéroport every 20 min. from 05:00 to 23:20, 7/7
- Mövenpick Hotel & Casino Geneva every 20 min. from 05:30 to 23:40, 7/7
- Nash Airport Hotel every 20 min. from 04:40 to 00:00, 7/7
- NH Geneva Airport Hotel every 20 min. from 05:50 to 23:30, 7/7
- Phoenix on demand +41 22 710 03 03, from 05:30 to 00:00, 7/7
- Starling Geneva Hotel & Conference Center every 15 min. from 05:10 to 23:45, 7/7
Taxis in Geneva
Taxis in Geneva can be ordered by phone, hailed in the street or found at about 60 authorised taxi ranks in town, airport and main station.
Fares between airport and city range from about CHF 35.00 to CHF 45.00 and depend on traffic conditions, time of day and number of passengers.
> More information
Chapter IV of law H 1 30.01 on taxis and limousines defines inter alia how taxi stations and the information desk at Geneva International Airport operate.