Provisional monthly statistics
The air traffic statistics (passengers, movements, freight) are available around the 10th of each month, for the previous month:
Figures are temporary data, several checks still need to be done. However, the error towards the definitive figures is generally lower than +/-1%.
Genève Aéroport: Facts and figures 2015
- 15.8 million passengers in 2015 (+4,1% as compared to 2014).
- 188'829 aircraft movements in 2015.
- More than 79% of the aircrafts took off on time in 2015.
- About 142 direct flights: Europe, North America, Africa, Middle East, Asia.
- 47% of Genève Aéroport passengers reside in French-speaking Switzerland or in neighbouring France.
- About 59 regular airlines, including 16 non-European.
- About 967 collaborators in the Genève Aéroport autonomous public establishment.
The airport generates nearly 44,000 jobs and gathers more than 300 different trades.
- Half the profit goes to the State of Geneva, amounting to more than CHF 217 million since 2010.
- Living environment with more than 80 stores, service providers and restaurants opened 7/7.
- No subsidies received.
- Investments amounting to CHF 562 million since 2010.
- CHF 110 million spent on infrastructure renovation and adjustment.
- More than 4,483 official receptions every year. A key role for the French-speaking Switzerland on the international scene.
- In 2015, Genève Aéroport has continued its soundproofing programme in Switzerland and France.
- 10,000 sqm of thermal solar and photovoltaic panels.
- 6 new aircraft positron equipped with fixed aircraft energy supply systems (400 Hz).
- Environmental Management System. The environmental activities rely on the objectives established under a three-year plan and scheduled under annual action plans.
- The E-services platform allows for the direct sale of airport services to passengers. These “e-services” enable you to reserve a parking place, guarantee you a Priority Line service and ensure your access to a lounge while in transit.
- The free GVApp application for smartphones and tablets, which is also available on the connected Apple watch, was awarded 2 prices in 2015.
- 70,400 tons of freight.
- More than 120 “smiley boxes” enable the passenger to give their opinion on the airport services in real time. 2.1 million votes were received in 2015.
- The airport is present on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google +, YouTube and Instagram in 2015.
- Free Wi-Fi for 90 minutes, with possibility of automatic reconnection within 6 months.
SSA: Facts and figures 2015
8,511 total operations, including:
- 54 aircraft operations
- 35 various fires (vehicle fire included)
- 210 machines and technical alarms
- 2 traffic accident
- 71 hydrocarbon pollution instances
- 8 chemical/radioactivity alarms
- 12 floods
- 11 snow and ice alarms
- 30 Class II/III whether alarms
- 149 various assistances
- 5,262 Full Prevention Actions, with passengers on board
- 2,667 sanitary pipelines