I have lost or forgotten something, whom should I contact?
The procedures are different depending on where the item was lost. The various contacts are here below. You have forgotten or lost something:
In the plane
Contact the "Lost & found" service of your handling company. To know the handling company for each airline, please consult Airlines.
- If Dnata: contact Lost & found Dnata
- If Swissport: contact Lost & found Swissport
In the transit area
Between departure (after the security control) and arrival (before the custom), at a security control.
- Contact Lost & found Swissport
Inside or outside the airport (public area)
Report the loss to the Police or to Geneva City Lost Property Service:
- Police: tel. +4122 427 57 90 (from 07:00 to 19:00). The Police keep lost property items for 24 hours (or 48 hours at weekends) and are not authorised to return items (except in an emergency).
- Cantonal Lost Property Service (SCOTEGM): tel. +41 22 546 09 00 (from 07:30 to 12:00 - 13:00 to 16:00 from Monday to Friday) - email@example.com - www.ge.ch/objets-trouves. Lost property may be reclaimed at SCOTEGM counter (rue des Glacis-de-Rive 5, Genève)
In the train station or in a train from the Swiss network
- SBB: Submit a lost-property report
- Cantonal Lost Property Service (SCOT): tel. +41 22 427 90 00, fax +41 22 427 77 25 - firstname.lastname@example.org - www.ge.ch/objets-trouves