The airport public area and the car parks are completely accessible for wheelchairs.
However, several boarding gates are accessible only by stairways (D21-27, B31- 34, B41-44). Some passengers with reduced mobility are therefore unable to reach them unaided. We would ask the passengers concerned to use the GVAssistance services to help them board.
Parking spaces for the disabled
The various car parks at the Airport have spaces reserved for the disabled:
- P1 unlimited: 30 spaces on level -1, next to the lifts (about 50 m from the terminal T1). Lift request terminal.
- P2 arrivals: car park currently closed because of works, please use P1.
- P3 departures: 2 spaces in the middle of the car park, next to the pedestrian crossing.
- P20 French sector: 6 spaces on the lower level, near the sliding doors leading to the main terminal. Lift request terminal.
- P31 CFF railway station: 1 space.
- P51 unlimited: 2 spaces on each floor, next to the lifts (about 500 m from the terminal T1).
At the airport
A reception area is located near desk 45 (Departure level).
Lift request terminals reserved for PRM allow the mobility-impaired to be assisted from outside the terminal right to the plane, or the other way round. They are located in parking lots P1 and P20 and at the Swiss Railways bus stop (Gare CFF) of the Geneva public transport system (TPG).
In order to guarantee the best quality service and reduce your waiting time, you must indicate your needs to your airline or travel agent when booking your flight, at least 48 hours before departure.
Special assistance: Swiss Railways station
Passengers in need of special assistance at the Swiss Railways Airport station are requested to contact the CFF Mobility Assistance Service:
- tel. from Switzerland 0800 007 102
- tel. from abroad +4151 225 71 50
- e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org