Y bus service: Val Thoiry - Airport - Ferney-Voltaire
The airport is served by the Y bus, a service which operates between Ferney-Mairie and Val Thoiry and goes past CERN in particular. The stop is on the Swiss side next to the other unireso lines.
Timetable and fares
Frequency: every half hour on weekdays and every hour at the weekend, with a restricted service on Sundays.
Ferney - Grand-Saconnex - Aéroport - Blandonnet - CERN - Thoiry
unireso and Transports publics genevois:
- internet www.unireso.com or www.tpg.ch
Regular bus lines to French cities and winter sports resorts
Regular bus lines to French cities and winter sports resorts are available from Genève Aéroport.
- Annecy (via Cruseilles - Saint-Julien-en-Genevois)
- Chamonix (Argentière, Sallanches, Les Houches)
- Chamonix (Megève, Les Contamines, Combloux, Praz sur Arly, Le Fayet, Saint Gervais Les Bains)
- Chamonix (Sallanches, Les Houches)
- Grenoble (Crolles - Chambéry)
- Le Grand Bornand (La Clusaz, St Jean de Sixt)
- Les 3 Vallées (Saint Martin de Belleville, Les Menuires, Val Thorens)
- Morzine (Avoriaz Les Prodains, Les Gets, Taninges)
- Morzine (Avoriaz, Châtel, La Chapelle d'Abondance, Saint Jean d'Aulps, Abondance)
- Moûtiers (Val Thorens)
- Stations de la Tarentaise (Courchevel-Méribel, Val Thorens, Les Arcs, Val d'Isère, Tignes, etc.)
Confirmation of schedules, prices and reservations*:
www.gare-routiere.ch or directly on the website of the bus company
*Information and prices subject to change.
Shuttle buses to French hotels
Shuttle buses outside the "Arrival" level for the following hotels:
France (inc. Rhone-Alpes district): regular trains
Genève Aéroport offers connections to the Swiss and European rail network. The CFF Airport railway station has direct access to the airport Check-in and Arrival levels. All trains stop at Geneva-Cornavin station (city centre): 5 trains per hour, route 6 minutes.
The trains from/to France leave from the central station of Geneva-Cornavin.
Lyon: schedule and rates
From € 66.00 round trip.
More than 10 daily frequencies, from 1h52 hours of route!
For details: download the flyer (French PDF).
Grenoble / Chambéry / Aix-les-Bains
From € 58.00 round trip (Aix-les-Bains)
5 daily frequencies, from 2.15 hours of route!
For details: download the flyer (PDF).
Information and reservation
- internet www.voyages-sncf.com
All buses/trains going to France leave from Swiss territory: make sure you have valid identity papers (Swiss visa: obtain information depending on nationality).